Tuesday, January 1, 2008

i am what you see

"I am what you see
I am not what they say
But if I turned out to be
Could you love me anyway
Standing anonymous
Hoping your heart will just
Wake up and ask for me by name
Maybe someday will ask for me by name
Just not today "

You'll Ask For Me-Tyler Hilton




Lauren showed me something pretty cool. And I have a feeling I'm going to follow it more strictly, too. I have kind of changed my ways from how I was in high school and such... but yeah.

Guys were made to pursue.
I should focus on turning hearts, and not so much turning heads. In the end, the heard it what really matters.
And as far as I am concerned, I am also taken... my relationship is with Jesus.
If a guy wants me, he'll pursue me. And so far, so good.

Part of why I hadn't dated in over a year is because I never wanted to be in one of those temporary relationships. One of those things that only lasted for a few months in high school and never really mattered. The whole purpose of dating is so you can find the person you were meant to be with.

I'm giving it all to God now. He knows who I am supposed to be with, and if they want me, they'll pursue me. I have been SO done with throwing myself out there, dressing in a way that was appealing to the opposite sex...

I mean, they should find me pretty even when I am wearing my glasses, sweats, a baggy t-shirt, and a hoodie. Like I said before.... I now want to turn hearts, not so much turn heads....

I already have my other goals set for this year, as posted earlier...
I just have decided to add this one, because it is too good.

I had a decent time this new years. The AGO guys are great, as are Lux and Venitian. And I alway slove hanging out with Lauren :]

I'm pretty stoked to go swing dancing this Thursday.

I have a review this week... :/
I hope that goes well!

anyway, God bless!

i'm beat... i never knew deep cleaning a room could be so draining.

<3

1 comment:

perkyNbLue said...

I'm so glad that it made an impression on you!
It's never bad to add to your list of things to change.
I have had a blast spending so much time with you this break! I look forward to dancing with you on Thursday. We can go at 7pm for classes for only $10 if they don't argue you as a student. Dude, if you still have your High School ID, just bring that!! LoL.

Remind me to give me your present too!
:D